Re: How can I mix GFDL and GPL sources?

Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> schrieb am 01.05.05 20:57:14:

> On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 08:56:21PM +0100, Lewis Jardine wrote:
> > If I'm right about this, a document licensed as 'The GFDL and/or GPL v2,
> > at your option' by the copyright holder could be distributed by a third
> > party under the GFDL, the GPL, or 'The GFDL and/or GPL v2, at your
> > option'.
>
> Sure. Wikipedia is not such a document, being licensed under the GFDL
> only. So that's not particularly relevant.

Now, I am confused.

If I understand the above right, then it is permitted to take a text of wikipedia
and redistribute it under the GPL? But the first answer to my post was negative ?

May I call a plea here: Can someone explain me, please, in easy words the whole thing
of this incompatibility of GFDL and GPL and if it is permitted or not or something?
!!! I don't want to break any license !!! And I don't want to publish my work and then someone
comes and tells me that I am working on an illegal base(rm -rf *). (Maybe someone can
explain it to me in German.)
Thank you very much!

Regards
Gueven Bay