GPL program linking against BSD library which links against OpenSSL?

Hello

Just to be sure before contacting the upstream author:

If a GPL licenced programm (Quagga) does *not* use OpenSSL itself but does
use libnetsnmp (BSD-like) which uses OpenSSL so that an ldd of the resulting
GPL programm lists libcrypto-0.9.7.so even if the Depends: line does
(of course) not list libssl, then we still have a problem, right?

(Please say "wrong", getting the ok for a licence change from all commiter
is horror and I cannot find a "GPL-compatible" SNMP library replacement
neither... or are there other options?)

bye,

-christian-