LGPL and GPL code together

[cc'ed Percy Leonhardt <percy@eris23.de>, the knemo author]
Hi,
before searching for sponsor of knemo (ITP #259245,
I did another licence review and noticed that in the knemo
source (licenced under LGPL) are two files licensed under the GPL.

The two GPL files signalplotter{.h,.cpp} are a copy from kdebase.
ksysguard/gui/SensorDisplayLib/SignalPlotter.*.  License and copyright
are _not_ changed so this is fine.

But I'm abit confused about the combination using/linking GPL in LGPL

I read that LGPL is compatible with GPL: 5.) in
http://people.debian.org/~bap/dfsg-faq.html

If your code is actually a library or a plugin you might want to consider
the GNU LGPL, which allows your code to be linked into proprietary software
but keeps your code itself free, and is GPL compatible. (Programs available

And in the GPL itself:

2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion of it,
   thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and distribute such
   modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided that
   you also meet all of these conditions:
a) ...
b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in whole or
   in part contains or is derived from the Program or any part thereof, to be
   licensed as a whole at no charge to all third parties under the terms of this License.

'My' Problem:

From GPL 2b) I get the impression that either the two files need to
be removed or all the other LGPL code relicensed to GPL.   But
the 'compatible' from the 5) in dfsg-faq sound like the mixture is
okay and everything can stay as it is.

Thx for any advise.

Achim Bohnet
                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com