Re: modification of zlib/libpng license, is this legally usable?

Anders Bergh <anders1@gmail.com> writes:

> I've modified the zlib/libpng license to be a bit more restrictive for
> commercial usage.. I would like to get some feedback, and I also wonder
> if it's legally "usable".
[snip]

What do you mean by "commercial usage"?  If you intend to disallow
anyone from using the software in a "commercial" environment (e.g. using
it to make money somehow), that's certainly non-free by Debian's
standards.  On the other hand, if you only intend to prevent the code
from being incorporated into a closed-source product, that would be OK
by Debian's standards, but you'd have to make that intention far more
clear in the license.

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.