Re: public domain

Sean Kellogg <skellogg@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Okay, well, now that the debate has entered into some strange parallel
> demension where facts no bare no relevance, I shall return to my lurker
> status on this list.  Hope my comments were helpful to someone.

I think both yourself and Andrew Suffield are exaggerating your
positions. There may be real concerns there and the Lessig blog
http://www.lessig.org/blog/archives/002449.shtml disappointed
me when I first read it because it misses several points and
appears to have obvious errors. For example, moral rights are
called moral rights in English law - not "author's rights".
Anyway, I don't think it's relevant to Andrew's concerns and I
don't understand why you cited it.

Then again, I don't think it's easy to understand, as I don't
feel that Andrew has explained his concerns clearly, even for
someone who has a passing familiarity with English law. I'm also
not sure whether English law applies to the person wanting to
place material into the public domain.

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.