Re: Linux and GPLv2#

On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 11:16:29AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 09:55:40AM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > > 'Worse' is purely a matter of perspective. There's irony here...
>
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 05:31:27AM -0500, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> > No, there isn't.  It's very simple.  You called it a "perversion",
> > which means you think it's worse.  I asked why you think it's a
> > perversion.  (In other words, "what is your perspective that makes
> > you consider is worse?")  You won't answer.
>
> This seems to imply that there's some single perspective which can be
> easily described to clarify this issue.

I was asking for Andrew's perspective, not The Perspective.  I don't
even feel strongly about this, and wasn't particularly expecting to
argue about the answer; I was just curious why he dislikes fair use
so much as to use such a strongly negative word, and found it strange
that a simple "why do you think that?" inquiry resulted in evasive
maneuvers.

--
Glenn Maynard