Re: PHP non-free or wrongly named?

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 20:25 +0000, Gervase Markham wrote:
> The attitude which came across in your email seemed to be "We're the big
> and important Debian project, and we've been violating your licence,
> which is a bit of a shame, but please tell us we can keep doing so,
> otherwise we'll yank your software from our distribution, and you
> wouldn't want that, would you?" As the recipient of it, I certainly
> wouldn't be inspired to work out a constructive solution.

I think Joey's mail is quite good since it is just stating facts. Truth
cannot be made up, specially on free software (and non-free also) legal
issues.

The fact is clear: What does PHP say about Debian using 'php' string on
packages/software distribution.

> Perhaps it would be advisable for letters which go out carrying the
> authority of Debian ("We are a group of developers...") to be reviewed
> by the list before being sent?

Yes, it is another viable choice.

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net> | http://www.damog.net/
 Keyboard missing - press F3 to continue...