Re: new .deb was done

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 10:09:10AM +0100, Paolo Ariano wrote:
>Hi *
>
>yesterday i've finished to pack a new .deb of ImageJ
>a java image analysis software, is not under GPL but in the
>source code there is something that souns like:
>
>ImageJ is a work of the United States Government. It is in
>the public domain and open source. There is no copyright.
>You are free to do anything you want with this source

Work of the US Government in the public domain is unrestricted
and and it can be copied and modified freely.

See http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/05/msg00200.html

>but I [would] like to get credit for my work and I would like you
>to offer your changes to me so I can possibly add them to
>the "official" version.

You can take that as an optional, non mandatory wish ("would"
is used here to express a wish).

>Does anybody know if it is debian-compliant or not ?

I'll put it in main.

>thanks
>paolo

Anibal Monsalve Salazar