Re: GPL and Copyright Law (Was: Eclipse 3.0 Running ILLEGALY on Kaffe)

Dalibor Topic wrote:
Thank you Etienne, but since you are not a copyright holder on either Eclipse or any GPLd, copyrightable part of Kaffe, your opinions on how GPL applies to Kaffe are ... well ... irrelevant.

So, according to such reasoning, you own opinion is irrelevant to the huge parts of Kaffe for which you, Dalibor, are not a copyright holder.

Now, more to the point, I do express my opinion as a Debian project contributor, (in NMU queue), an maintainer of a Java package (sablecc).

As far as I can tell, I do have the freedom to express my opinion. Of course, you have the freedom of ignoring it, but it is up to debian-legal to decide whether they care or not about my opinion, not up to you.

Could you please stop such personal attacks?

Etienne