Re: GPL and Copyright Law (Was: Eclipse 3.0 Running ILLEGALY on Kaffe)

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 05:05:54PM -0500, Etienne Gagnon wrote:
> [Side comment: This is one of the beauty of the GPL: for all those, such
> as SCO, that claim that the GPL wouldn't hold up in court, it would mean
> that actually they (SCO & all) have no right to do anything, let alone
> distributing/licensing Linux.  I know, this has been repeated over and
> over, but it seems many people are still missing the point. :-(]

Well, I think "the GPL fails in court, and so nobody has any license to
use all GPL software at all" would be a far worse outcome than some part
of the GPL's requirements being weakened, so that's not much consolation.

--
Glenn Maynard