Re: Hypothetical situation to chew on

Michael Edwards wrote:
>If one wants to remove ambiguity about the copyright status of small
>contributions to a joint work, one could require either assignment of
>copyright to the primary holder or formal placement into the public
>domain,

One of the very unfortunate side effects of the Berne Convention
Implementation Act of 1988 (and the reason I think it is gravely flawed) is
that there is now no clear way, in the United States, for an author to
deliberately place a work into the public domain.

Previously deliberate publication without copyright notice was sufficient.