[gnu.org #219101] Re: Compatibility between CC licenses and the GPL

OK, I didn't appreciate the context here.  My assumption was the docs
and code were being merely aggregated.  If you want to port stuff back
and forth, you will have to use compatible licenses.  Generally, we
think this happens infrequently enough that it's not worth bothering
with.  But we understand that debian-legal has different views.

It sounds like you have found a solution you're happy with.  We do hope
one day to improve our documentation licensing so that it will be more
useful to more people, and this is a concern we'll keep in mind when we
do that.

--
-Dave Turner
GPL Compliance Engineer