Re: mozilla thunderbird trademark restrictions / still dfsg free?

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Right. Material that doesn't provide all the DFSG-required freedoms on
> to recipients other than Debian isn't free. But I don't think DFSG 8 is
> intended to prevent Debian (or some other class of people) from having
> /extra/ freedoms, as long as everyone else has at least an acceptable
> base level.

I agree, but I also think that in cases where attaining those freedoms
requires those downstream from Debian to go to a great deal of effort,
Debian should go ahead and make that effort rather than leaving it to
others.

(However, it sounds like Mozilla may not be one of those cases.)

- Josh Triplett