Re: Strange restrictions

Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 12:59:08AM -0700, Joel Aelwyn wrote:
> > Mind you, I don't think I'd necessarily have an issue with "To use
> > this trademark, you must run a publically reviewable bug tracking
> > system and implement some form of version management" (I might
> > still, on a question of practicality, or even a basic question of
> > "Does this make it a required cost of the software, and is that
> > OK?", but it would be a matter of another debate entirely, at that
> > point).
>
> The problem with this sort of clause is usually the same: what the
> hell does it mean?

Or rather, what does it have to do with Mozilla's requirements?

Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org> on Sat, 01 Jan 2005 10:06:17 -0500
said:

        So we have to therefore say "beyond a certain level of change,
        please remove our trademarks".

What purpose is served by Mozilla licensing the trademark under terms
only requiring a BTS and a RCS?  Any schmuck can distribute a broken or
otherwise undesirable Mozilla *and* fulfill those terms.

I believe Gerv states that he has confidence in Debian's commitment to
creating a high-quality mozilla-* packages, not that anyone who has the
same infrastructure as Debian will do the same.

-Dave
--
                             Be different: conform
			  http://posix.com/posix.html