Re: Summary : ocaml, QPL and the DFSG.

Matthew Palmer writes:
>On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 12:35:49PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
>
>> I'd be inclined to say that countries that limit exports of technology
>> are broken and we should treat them as if they don't exist, even though
>
>But it's really dangerous to do so.  Allowing such a licence into Debian
>could result in our users to fall foul of situations just like these.

If we really think this is a major problem (and I'm not arguing
against you, BTW), then why not get this codified into the DFSG via a
GR? Get everybody[*] to agree on this, then we won't have to have this
argument over and over again. People seem very leery of trying to
update the DFSG, and it's not clear why.

[*] FSVO "everybody"

"Every time you use Tcl, God kills a kitten." -- Malcolm Ray