Re: handling Mozilla with kid gloves [was: GUADEC report]

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 03:53:45PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
>> You're seriously suggesting that Debian wouldn't be laughed out of the
>> park for releasing without Mozilla at the moment? If you aren't
>> suggesting this, then that comment is irrelevant.
>
>Branden reminded me on IRC that the discussion is about the MPL, not
>about the Mozilla browser, which is triple-licensed under MPL/GPL/LGPL.
>My apologies for my confusion.

Most of Mozilla is triple-licensed I believe that some remains
dual-licensed under the MPL/NPL, and so deciding that the MPL is
non-free certainly means that we can't ship Mozilla.
http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/relicensing-faq.html certainly implies that
some work remains to be done there.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org