Re: Choice of venue, was: GUADEC report

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:

>Where does the Social Contract bind us to using no tool other than the DFSG
>to determine whether a work we distribute as part of our system is free?
>
>Interestingly, the new version of the Social Contract[1] seems to give us
>less latitude than the original version[2] in using anything adjunct to the
>DFSG for freeness determinations.

Given that the changes to the SC were merely editorial (as stated in the
proposal that was seconded by you), any restriction present in the new
SC that isn't there in the old one is down to you misreading the old
one. I'm certainly not clear that the new SC gives any leeway to use
tests that don't spring directly from the DFSG.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org