Re: Visualboy Advance question.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 10:34:56PM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:56:45 -0400 Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > It seems like this belongs in main.  But why hasn't anyone packaged
> > any of the free IWADs?
>
> I really don't know.
> Perhaps no DD has enough time to package two files that don't even need
> any actual installation: you just have to download them and you are
> ready to feed prboom. Very similar to downloading a DFSG-free mp3 audio
> file and feeding mpg321: does a free-mp3-collection package exist?

This can't be the case; witness the abuse of the people on this list when
we *dared* to find the IETF's RFC license non-free[1].  Somehow, not
shipping (some of) the RFCs in main made them inaccessible, and infeasible
to access.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=92810&msg=5
    ...is just one of many examples

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I've made up my mind.  Don't try to
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    confuse me with the facts.