Re: xinetd license possibly violates DFSG #4

Sam Hartman wrote:

<snip>
> I think I'll probably end up agreeing with you if I consider this long
> enough.  However it would make things much simpler if you could think
> of a case where this limitation would affect our users' freedom in
> some important way.
>
> For example, how is this different than requiring that the software
> say it is based on xinetd version x.y.z?
It can require stupid version numbers.  I'm not actually sure that it's not
DFSG-free, but it's certainly ridiculous.
<snip>

> Would this license get in the way if I wanted to
> take parts of xinetd and use them in other projects?
Yes, it would require changing the version numbers of the other projects in
deeply stupid ways.  The first release of ncn-mud using inetd code would
have to be numbered x.y.z.{something}, which is likely a pain in the neck.