Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

>> > Section 2 allows you to make copies under the terms of section 1, which
>> > requires an appropriate license.  The GPL has some specific requirements
>> > on licenses.  The work as a whole would included GPL licensed software.
>>
> On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 06:14:56PM -0400, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
>> No it doesn't.  Section 1 says you have to give a copy of the license
>> to anyone to whom you give the code.  If you're keeping it for
>> yourself, that's not a problem.
>
> Section 1 also places this requirement on any copies you make.

Quote me that part.  Hint: it isn't here:

  1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's
source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you
conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate
copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the
notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty;
and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License
along with the Program.

You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and
you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a
fee.