Re: IBM Public License (again)

On 2004-05-13 18:12:32 +0100 Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> wrote:

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 05:17:30PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
What if you want to enforce some other patent applicable to software against IBM? What if IBM initiates against you and you want to use such a patent in a counterclaim?
What does this have to do with free software?

Free software licences should not contaminate other software, remember?

Why should this software's licence, not directly involved in the cases above, terminate?
Software patents make software less free.

To me, this does not justify producing non-free software as part of action against them. It is very easy to say that swpat are evil and we must fight them. It is easy but stupid to fight them by destroying free software in swpat lands.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.