Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

Scripsit Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>
> On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 08:55:21PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > I really don't see where you are getting at. Can you explain in little
> > words and with lots of intermediate results why you think that a GCC
> > modified for you hypothetical environment would be non-distributable?

> Because it incorporates functionality implemented in proprietary
> code.

It cannot do that if it is distributed with source and under the terms
of the GPL. Namely, in that case all the functionality it incorporates
is implemented in code that is, by any sensible definition, not
proprietary.

I still don't know what you are getting at.

--
Henning Makholm            "Vi skal nok ikke begynde at undervise hinanden i
                    den store regnekunst her, men jeg vil foreslå, at vi fra