Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 11:32:59AM -0300, Humberto Massa wrote:
> You have at least half a point here. Derived works... are you implying
> that if you integrate gcc better with Palladium you will make the
> new-gcc a derived work of Palladium?

That is specifically the kind of work I wanted to talk about.

"Palladium" is a secondary issue -- a place holder -- and was
mentioned because of some vaporware claims about it, not because
of anything specific and concrete.

> Brazilian copyright law (9610/98) definition of derived work: the work
> achieved by some transformation of the original work, but is a novel
> intellectual creation in (and by) itself. Is new-gcc result of a
> transformation on palladium? no, I don't think so. (Remember Brazilian
> law is strongly influenced by Berne convention, and similar terms are in
> copyright law in various other jurisdictions of Debian interest).

I'm specifically talking [well, trying to talk] about works which would
be a transformation on palladium.

--
Raul