Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

Scripsit Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>
> On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 08:13:05AM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > It could also be Cover Texts. The documentation currently distributed
> > by the FSF require the cover text "a GNU manual" and a notice that
> > implies that the FSF sells copies of the text. Both of these turn into
> > factual inaccuracies if I modify the manual to become documentation of
> > the BSD implementation of the tool in question.

> I don't agree that this requires any factual inaccuracy.

It is a factual accuracy that my derivate is "a GNU manual".

It is a factual accuracy that FSF makes money by selling hardcopies of
my derivate.

> You can create a derived copy of the work which eliminates the
> content you don't want, and wrap the remainder in the required cover
> and include that as a chapter or appendix in some other manual.

No. Cover texts has to go on the cover.

--
Henning Makholm            "Vi skal nok ikke begynde at undervise hinanden i
                    den store regnekunst her, men jeg vil foreslå, at vi fra