Re: Fwd: reiser4 non-free?

Hans Reiser wrote:

> Burnes, James wrote:
>
>>Is there any way to do an MD5 of either (1) each module in a software
>>subsystem or (2) each software version and then have a central registry
>>where interested developers and users can go to see the credits?
>>

> Credits that users must take action to see are not effective credits. No
> one will look at them.

Well, it's definitely very non-free to try to force people to look at the
credits.  It's hopeless anyway.  Look at how many people walk out of movies
before the credits roll.  It would certainly be frighteningly non-free to
force them to sit through the credits.  Most of them ignore the opening
credits too.  (I, myself, always watch the credits.)