Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 01:18:51PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> You really need to look at an "as amended" copy of the act. One such
> copy is at http://www.jenkins-ip.com/patlaw/index1.htm

Thanks, that's a good reference, and the changes from the version I was
looking at were... rather extensive.

However, I don't see anything in that reference which lets a copyright
license dictate terms of use.

As near as I can tell, the GFDL can refuse to grant copyright permissions
-- if someone uses technical measures to prevent others from reading
or copying some GFDL document, then that person might lose the right to
make further copies.  However, the GFDL can't revoke ownership of a copy
which was obtained legally.

--
Raul