Re: Fwd: reiser4 non-free?

On 2004-04-30 18:07:08 +0100 David Masover <ninja@slaphack.com> wrote:

| require attribution in a particular format and with a particular text,
| that's fine, but non-free.
This seems entirely too black-and-white to me.

Fine, go debate it somewhere. This is off-topic for debian-legal and unwelcome because we have other work to do.

You failed to attribute the previous author. I hope they take a liberal view of your copyright infringement, or that you acted within your state's "fair use" laws. I still think it's a bit rude of you.

gentoo had no way to choose between licences beyond reading ebuilds, last I saw. A generally cavalier attitude to copyright means I no longer have any gentoo systems here.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.