Re: LCC and blobs

Brian Thomas Sniffen writes:

> Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> writes:
>
> > Brian Thomas Sniffen writes:

> >> I probably can't.  No good with that sort of thing.  Software on disk
> >> is software.  Also, I could pull  the Pentium off my motherboard, scan
> >> its contents to disk, and open that in any editor I like -- right?
> >
> > Lots of people cannot write or modify C code, but we accept as free
> > many programs that include C code.  The user being inexpert in some
> > technique does not render a thing non-free.
>
> But something being *not software* does render it *not software*.

I am not impressed by begging the question.

The only basis in your email to claim it is *not software* was your
(lack of) aptitude at manipulating the data.  This is irrelevant to
the DFSG.  If you want to argue against his point, find a better
reason to claim those bits are not software.

Michael Poole