Re: IRAF component relicensed

This is probably hotly debated, but how do math-algorthm copyrights
work?

There are lots of these:

==> ./iraf/math/llsq/original_f/qrbd.f <==
c     subroutine qrbd (ipass,q,e,nn,v,mdv,nrv,c,mdc,ncc)
c     c.l.lawson and r.j.hanson, jet propulsion laboratory, 1973 jun 12
c     to appear in 'solving least squares problems', prentice-hall, 1974

==> ./iraf/math/ieee/d1mach.f <==
c----------------------------------------------------------------------
c  function:  d1mach
c  this routine is from the port mathematical subroutine library
c  it is described in the bell laboratories computing science
c  technical report #47 by p.a. fox, a.d. hall and n.l. schryer

==> ./iraf/math/bevington/pgauss.f <==
c function pgauss.f
c source
c   Bevington, page 45.

==> ./iraf/noao/digiphot/daophot/daolib/quick.f <==
c subroutine quick (dataum, n, index)
c A quick-sorting algorithm suggested by the discussion on pages 114-119
c of THE ART OF COMPUTER PROGRAMMING, Vol. 3, SORTING AND SEARCHING, by
c D.E. Knuth, which was referenced in Don Wells' subroutine QUIK.  This
c is my own attempt at encoding a quicksort-- PBS.

--
Justin
aptitude install task-iraf saods9 eclipse sextractor x11iraf wcstools