Re: a legal problem with 'filters' in germany

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 01:45:10PM -0400, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> Out of curiosity, how far does this extend?  Would the same apply if
> there was a "list-archive" set of packages in Debian, containing this
> message ("Sieg Heil!"), or an "important-bug-report-archive", containing
> the text of #277794, or a "/usr/share/dict/phrases-de" containing a
> set of two-word phrases?  In other words, to what extent are you asking
> Debian to expunge this pair of words?

The german law referenced in the bug report seems to be a prohibition
on certain kinds of propaganda.  It does not explicitly forbid the word
pair in question [though cultural context clearly makes some people
sensitive to those two words].

Personally, before I could take this too seriously, I'd want to know
why the lawyer thought that the filters programs had anything to do
with propaganda.

--
Raul