Re: most liberal license

Harald Geyer wrote:

there are some things I dislike about the MIT-License:
* It is an enumerate style license, which means that - you might forget something
  - it is water on the mills of those who write wired legal text saying
    you might do everything, but afterwards try to define what everything is.
  - it is based upon US copyright law and the rights enumerated therein,
    but there might exist other juristdictions with additional/other rights.

Are you sure? I thought the text "to deal in the Software without restriction, including *without limitation* the rights to..." (my emphasis) meant that it explicitly granted the rights to do anything with the software, and that the terms following it ("use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so,") were just examples of what could be done with the right to "deal in the Software without restriction"?

--
Lewis Jardine
IANAL IANADD