most liberal license

Please cc me, I'm not subscribed.

Hi!

I wonder if the following is a valid license, if it is found in a
tarball in some file LICENSE? Is it necessary to refer to this file
from every other file or is it's existance enough?

| You may deal with the stuff in this package in any way you want, the
| same way as if it was public domain.
|
| However you are totally at your own risk. I happen to use this software
| but I don't claim that it is useful for anything at all.
|
| Note: Although you are at your own risk, I still give limited support
| (such as fixing bugs) if I want to.

As I'm not native speaker of english, all spelling corrections, better
wordings, etc. are welcome. Is there any way to write a more liberal
license? (I guess not, as public domain should be most liberal and
this license tries to give you the same rights.)

Is there some other "as free as public domain" license? I don't like
to reinvent the wheel, but I haven't found one yet.

Also I wonder whether this license would allow you to put the
(still copyrighted) work in the public domain, as it might be
allowed but clueless to put something from the public domain to
the public domain. Well I wouldn't mind anyway.

Harald

--
http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0300802/