Re: GPL-licensed packages with depend-chain to OpenSSL

Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> schrieb/wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 09:07:00PM +0200, Claus F?rber wrote:
>> Of course, in such simple cases, they can be thought of having given
>> implicit permission to link against OpenSSL.

> There is no such thing as implicit permission in copyright law (or
> even contract law). That only works for verbal agreements.

That's certainly not universally true for any legistlation. I even fail
to see how an "verbal agreement" is not covered by "contract law" even
in the UK.

For German law, for example, my statement above is valid.

Claus
--
http://www.faerber.muc.de