Re: GPL "or any greater version" (was: NEW ocaml licence proposal)

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 04:58:52PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:

> > Raul Miller writes:
> > > The right to use other versions of the GPL.
>
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 03:35:34PM -0400, Michael Poole wrote:
> > Please explain where that right comes from by citing unconditional
> > parts of the GPL.
>
> Section 9 contains two options, neither allows you to drop that right.

The wording of section 9 does not appear to me to restrict the copyright
holder to two forms of licensing..  To me, it looks like an explanation to
the licensee of what his rights are if the copyright holder chooses one of
those two options.

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>