Re: Suggestions of David Nusinow, was: RPSL and DFSG-compliance - choice of venue

Brian Thomas Sniffen <bts@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> No.  It means a user must have access to the source to have freedom.
> C is often used as source.  Obfuscated C is never used as source.
> Write-only languages like Brainfuck are almost never source.

I find badly written perl approximately as hard to deal with as
brainfuck. Do you believe that poor quality perl is non-free, or is the
motive of the author important?

I'd also suggest that this thread be moved to debian-project. It's more
of a discussion of the DFSG than of licenses.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org