Re: Suggestions of David Nusinow, was: RPSL and DFSG-compliance - choice of venue

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 03:01:37PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Andrew Suffield writes:
> >here. You don't have to be an attorney to understand the law, only to
> >practice it.
>
> But it's a great help in terms of understanding the meanings of lots
> of the *legal* license terms that are bandied about. And how they
> might be applied in court, with precedent. And in this case
> professional training is much more important than in the others you
> named IMHO.

My only issue with this line of argument is that this is a volunteer project.
If we don't have volunteer lawyers to do this work for us, we make due with
what we've got, the same way we do everything else.

 - David Nusinow