Re: Choice-of-Venue is OK with the DFSG.

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 12:26:32PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 03:35:49PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Well, did you heard the case where, i think it was california, decided that it
> > could sue people all over the world ?
>
> You seem to get a different version of the news than I do; the case I've
> heard of involved a Debian developer successfully appealing to the
> California Supreme Court, and overturning this jurisdictional claim.

If you'll check the -private archives from a few years ago, you'll find
that many Debian developers confidently predicted that Mr. Pavlovich would
lose.

Some people don't like to let facts get in the way of their opinions.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     One doesn't have a sense of humor.
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     It has you.