Re: Choice-of-Venue is OK with the DFSG.

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Sven Luther wrote:
> i believe much as you do above, and that debian-legal has been
> slanted much in defending the rights of the user of free software,
> at the detriment of the upstream author.

Even though this is a tangent point, Free Software involves defending
the rights of a user of Free Software. If the upstream author wants to
protect and preserve their rights, they are interested in proprietary
software, not Free Software.

That's not to say that we shouldn't be concious of limiting the
liability of the upstream author... but an argument based solely on
preserving upstream rights at the expense of user rights is dead
before it hits the door.

Don Armstrong

--
<Clint> why the hell does kernel-source-2.6.3 depend on xfree86-common?
<infinity> It... Doesn't?

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu