Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 03:51:01PM -0400, Glenn Maynard wrote:

> > > Apparently Sven thinks that the "realities of debian release management"
> > > is allowed to override the Social Contract.  Sven is mistaken.
> >
> > I will be mistaken once there is a consensus on this here, and not a mere
> > handfull of people finding this licence non-free. And you are a mere handfull
> > now.
>
> You are wrong, regardless of consensus or lack thereof.  "Realities of debian
> release management" does not override the Social Contract.  Only a GR can do
> that.  Period.

But there is no consensus that there is a problem with the social contract.
Only a mere handfull claiming it, and those arguments are far from convincing.
Other have claimed it is a pain but ok, and other have claimed here that they
could not be bothered to participate since the argument are too ridicoulous.

> > Also, why did you not come with these worries a year or so ago ?
>
> Because we wanted to wait until an inconvenient time to do so, in order
> to make everyone's life harder.
>
> (Gee.  Maybe we just didn't notice them a year ago.)

Hehe.

Friendly,

Sven Luther