Re: advice regarding doom-engine licences

Hi,

I didn't check the sources, but from your description, if

Am Di, den 10.08.2004 schrieb Jon Dowland um 17:12:
> They later released it under the GPL licence[2].

is true, then

> 1) The original ID licence and the heretic/hexen licence are both incompatible
>    with the GPL and thus attempts to mix them result in a combination which
>    cannot be included in debian nor non-free. Both licences are additionally
>    not DFSG free.

is not true, since if they distribute the whole source as GPL licenced,
it does not matter if they also distribute it under a different licence
- we just take and use the GPL and everything is fine. The ID-licence
therefore does not touch us. (Assuming of course, that the _whole_
source was once distributed by ID under the terms of the GPL)

so far my pov,

nomeata
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner