Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

On 2004-08-10 15:44:48 +0100 Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 02:48:16PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
Please, I'd appreciate any news on ocaml moving to CECILL being posted to debian-legal, if you can do that. TIA.
Read the mailing archive, i think i posted it two times already. [...]

Please understand that I can't do everything. Tracking -legal already takes up a lot of my time and I'm not paid for this. You seemed to hear about this anyway, so it looked cheapest to ask you to continue telling us. That way, I hope we avoid some "why didn't you warn anyone about this" and "why didn't you get involved with the discussion if you care" accusations if relicensing goes badly for debian's users.

this is too early to discuss here now, and i will sure keep debian-legal
informed about any such moves.

Thanks.

The Compiler is distributed under the terms of the Q Public License
version 1.0 (included below).
I don't think this is still "the" QPL after the (permitted) edits, but [...]
It is the plain QPL, the only change being the choice of law, which trolltech allowed to change, and now plainly states that the choice of law is the french
one, and nothing more.

Can it be described as "the Q Public License version 1.0 with a change to choice of law" instead, please?

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast