Re: Please pass judgement on X-Oz licence: free or nay?

Simon Law writes:

> 	Read more carefully.
>
> 	Clause 4 of the X-Oz license is a condition on "rights to use,
> copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies
> of the Software".
>
> 	This is not the same wording as the X11 license at all.

Perhaps you should notify the FSF about this problem and petition
ftpmaster to have ncurses removed from main, since the clause in
question seems to have come from the ncurses license.

(The above is not a serious suggestion, but is meant to suggest that
you check your premises.  I am aware how many packages depend on
ncurses.)

Michael Poole