Re: Quick(?) Questions on Choice of Law & Venue

Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org>:

> Lastly, if there is a choice of venue clause, can Arthur force Tom to
> appear in France, where he could be arrested for violating French
> hate-speech laws?

I don't think you have to appear in person for a civil case.

However, it has just occurred to me that a case might be prejudiced by
one party's inability to use certain witnesses who for various reasons
might not be able to travel to the country where the case is being
heard, so there's another area for wild speculation ...