Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 12:55:58PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> <sigh> You're completely missing the point - I'm _not_ saying that the
> disagreement should cause the GR. If we have a licensing issue that
> needs deciding clearly, we need to involve the rest of the DDs in
> making that decision. All the handwaving in the world on -legal won't
> change that.

You said "take that to a vote".  Votes to "tighten up and clarify" the
DFSG certainly seem to mean GRs.  If that's not what you mean, say what
you mean; please stop making me guess, and then getting exasperated when
I do.

> >My opinion might change if there was an indication that this was a
> >widespread and unreconcilable disagreement: if we can't come to a
> >solid consensus on a real issue, then something else needs to be done.
> >However, simple disagreement and discussion doesn't indicate that;
> >discussion very often leads to agreement.  (In practice, it's very
> >rare for d-legal to not be able to reach a reasonable consensus on
> >a real issue.)
>
> *rotfl* Good joke. I suppose it depends on what you mean by
> "consensus".

(It's very clear, from this statement, that you have little experience with
d-legal.)

--
Glenn Maynard