Re: ocaml, QPL and the DFSG: QPL 6c argumentation.

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>:

> > > No, since they apply to two different things. QPL 3 and 4 is for modifications
> > > of the original software, while QPL 6 is for applications linking with the
> > > software.
> >
> > I'm surprised to see you dismiss so readily what is potentially your
> > strongest argument, but perhaps it's a trick to make me argue your
>
> No, because i honestly believe that the QPL makes this modified work/linked
> work distinction, so you can't use this case.

Do you think that the QPL without section 6 is a free software
licence?

If YES, how do you argue that section 6 detracts from the permissions
granted by section 3?

If NO, how do you argue that the language of section 3 excludes the
kind of derived work that is permitted by section 6?