Re: ocaml, QPL and the DFSG, new summary

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 12:59:33PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ok this is my third and last tentative to summarize this whole mess, and i
> would ask any participant here to ask himself if he is ready to defend its
> opinion before a judge before posting, and to ask himself if he honestly
> believes to have the legal background enough to make claim. Also, for those of
> you who didn't bother yet to read the QPL, here are a few links :
>
> The QPL : http://www.trolltech.com/licenses/qpl.html
> The Trolltech annotated version : http://www.trolltech.com/licenses/qpl-annotated.html
> The ocaml licence :
>   http://svn.debian.org/viewcvs/pkg-ocaml-maint/packages/ocaml/trunk/debian/copyright?view=markup&rev=404

And the ocaml licence rationale at :

Thanks to Walter Landry for providing the link.

Notice that "Paragraph 6 of the QPL imposes that programs linked with
libraries covered by the QPL are distributed with full sources and free of
charge" seems to be wrong, as QPL 6, as the GPL, doesn't mean that you can't
charge for the binary, but only that you can't charge for the source, except
for the cost of data transfer.

Friendly,

Sven Luther