Re: compatibility of OpenSSL and GPL'ed plugins

* Marco d'Itri:

> Let's consider a program, released under a MIT/X11 license and linked
> with OpenSSL. Some GPL'ed plugins (which are dlopen'ed at run time) are
> distributed with the program.
> Is distribution of this package a GPL violation?

If the plug-in is written from scratch (so it doesn't contain 3rd
party GPLed code) and it's specifically written as a plug-in to the
program, I'd suppose that the author implicitly gives permission to
dynamically link it to the program (and other plug-ins).

If one of the conditions don't apply, it's a tough question. 8-)