Re: RE-PROPOSED: The Dictator Test

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 01:25:12PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2004-07-07 11:04:33 +0100 Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
> wrote:
>
> >The Dictator Test: [...]
> >If anyone has an objection, please speak up ASAP.
>
> Please connect this to specific DFSG if possible. Of course, the FAQ
> notes that not everything failing a common test is necessarily not
> free, so I don't see a problem in adding it there.

Er, well, whether and how it fails a clause of the DFSG depends on exactly
what type of private legislation the Dictator attempts to enforce.

Since copyright generally covers distribution, I would expect most failures
of the Dictator Test to violate DFSG 1.

Does that help any?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Humor is a rubber sword - it allows
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    you to make a point without drawing