Re: Copyright on 'non-creative' data?

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 03:52:15PM -0400, Chloe Hoffman wrote:
> Also, note that at least Australia and England extend copyright protection
> to "industrious collections" (i.e., 'sweat of the brow' databases such as
> white pages).

Has anyone bothered to copyright large prime numbers discovered by
computers?  How about long checksums, laboriously calculated?

/me cannot wait for the first copyright infringment via hash collision
court case

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       The only way to get rid of a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       temptation is to yield to it.