Re: Blast from the Past: the LaTeX Project Public License, version 1.3

On 07.07.04 Branden Robinson (branden@debian.org) wrote:

Hi guys,

> Oddly, the version of the LPPL shipped in tetex-base[8] is still
> version 1.2,

Thomas has delivered out 2.0.2 with 1.2 and I'm not sure if it makes
sense to put just in 1.3 and hope that every package declares a dep
on 1.2 or later(!).

> and a review of the tetex package changelog shows no new upstream
> release since 2.0.2.[9].

Exactly. Thomas continues releasing beta releases for the upcoming
teTeX 3.0 since beginning of February. At this time we thought it
will take just a few month, but... For some reasons we won't upload
to unstable but rather to experimental as soon as it is released.

> I am therefore not sure Debian is shipping anything under the new
> license yet.

No, we're releasing with 1.2.

H., not reading debian-legal

[8] file:///usr/share/doc/tetex-base/lppl.txt.gz
[9] file:///usr/share/doc/tetex-base/changelog.Debian.gz
--
http://hilmarpreusse.forum-rheinland.de/